The Mathseeds app officially earned the Tablettoddlers’ seal of approval this weekend from our 2nd grader. From the app description:
These iPad apps have a huge range of activities that comprehensively cover essential math skills for Grades K, 1 and 2. Written for the Common Core Standards, students can access a huge range of activities that make learning math fun, motivating and very rewarding!
With over 120 different skills addressed, the nine areas in the Training sections meet common core standards for conceptual understanding. Each app builds on the concepts and skills from the one before, creating coherence across the grades.
These apps combine all that we know about how students learn math with the powerful interactivity and motivation provided by the iPad.
- Multiplayer – up to 4 players can play against each other in games of speed and fun.
- Rewards – students are motivated to achieve more with circus games and badges.
- Training – a wide range of questions types’ great for practice of essential math skills.
- Timed – improve speed and recall of math facts through the timed activities.
- Track progress – multiple accounts for each student allow for individual tracking and achievements!
Check out more in this video: